12 African Instruments for Kontakt 4.2+. (RR = Round Robin, VL = Velocity Layers)
- VOODOO INSTRUMENT: Single string instrument struck with stick. Sustained/muted samples. RR = 9, VL = 3
- WOODEN FLUTE: Three keyboard zones - Breaths, staccato and velocity controlled sustained articulations (grace note, trill). VL = Up to 4
- MOUTHBOW: Flexible stick strung end to end with taut wire. Mouth used as resonant chamber while striking wire with stick. RR = 20
- BAMBOO XYLOPHONE: Small, non-Western scale instrument. RR = 2, VL = 3
- MUTED BAMBOO XYLOPHONE: As above with muted tone. VL = 3
- ORUTU: One-stringed fiddle. Sustained notes on lower velocities, staccato notes on higher. RR = 6, VL = 2
- BOLON: Bass harp with three strings stretched between a gourd and a wooden neck. Gourd slaps included. RR = 3, VL = 3
- AKONTING: Three-stringed folk lute. Velocity triggered sustained/staccato notes. RR = 2, VL = 2
- LITTLE DJEMBE: Six inch tall drum. Alternating left and right hand hits on each key. RR = 2, VL = 4
- LITTLE DJEMBE (RR): As above with two active keys (left/right hands) cycling hits from all areas of drum head. RR = 9, VL = 4
- GONGOMA: Large thumb piano. Includes gourd slaps. RR = Up to 4, VL = Up to 3
- CLAY FLUTE: Ocarina with three keyboard zones. Breaths, staccato and velocity controlled sustained articulations (grace note, trill..) VL = Up to 4
- AFRICAN HARP: Plucked harp. RR = 2, VL = 3
- KALIMBA: Small, non-Western scale thumb piano. VL = 4
Please note - You need the full version of Kontakt to use this library. If you use Kontakt Player it will only run in demo mode for 15 minutes at a time.
This item is included in the T.D. Samples Bundle which features nine sound packs for £33.71: https://www.sampleism.com/bundle/td-samples-bundle-kontakt-collection
Despite the fact, that these instruments are very small, they sound incredibly authentic. The playability is better than in bigger and more expensive libraries. These instruments have soul and it's really fun and inspiring to play them!
A rare collection
These are some instruments which are not available elsewhere. When it comes to the not so popular African ethnic instruments, the field is sparse. Recommended for buying, plain programming, no frills.
Light but Enjoyable Library
Nice sounds, various articulations through dynamics..Low Cpu, and well recorded.
African Instruments is great value
Very authentic sounds of Africa for very reasonable price. I have other samples from african instruments including West Africa from NI and these samples are just as well recorded. They don't have all the bells and whistles that W A from NI has but thats was vst plugin are for.